STAT EMS, Inc provides a tuition-free EMT-Basic Cadet Academy for those seeking immediate employment as well as general admission for those seeking an EMT-Basic program but not seeking employment.
This is a comprehensive and challenging Academy for those interested in immediate employment with STAT EMS upon successful completion of the Academy and passing the National Registry Exam. This Academy is based on curricula set forth by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).
Minimum 184 classroom hours and a minimum of 48 clinical hours as required by MDHHS.
Academy Internship Sites:
Hurley Medical Center Emergency Department
STAT EMS Emergency and Non-Emergency ALS and BLS Ambulance Division
STAT EMS Accounts Receivable Department (AR)
2021 Academy Date/Days/Times – Pay special attention to academy dates before you apply.
|BLS Academy||Start Date||Graduation Date||Time||Instructor|
|BLS Academy #30||Monday, January 25, 2021||Wednesday, April 28, 2021||Mon/Wed 0800-1700||John|
|BLS Academy #31||Monday, May 17, 2021||Wednesday, August 11, 2021||Mon/Wed 0800-1700||John|
|BLS Academy #33||Monday, June 7, 2021||Friday, July 9, 2021||Mon – Fri 0800-1700||John|
|BLS Academy #34||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|BLS Academy #35||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|BLS Academy #36||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
Tuition and Fees:
$1,400 tuition plus $100 application fee. Tuition costs include all applicable books, a uniform, technology fees, and supplies.
**Scholarships available for those who qualify and sign an employment contract with STAT EMS.
512 W. Court Street, STAT EMS Education Building
Certificate of completion and eligibility to apply and take the NREMT Certification Exam and apply for an MDHHS EMT License.
1. Applicants MUST be 19 years or older upon completion of the Academy, H.S. Diploma, or GED equivalent.
2. The Cadet must complete an admissions evaluation.
3. Successful Interview.
4. Physical Agility Exam from Hurley Medical Center Occupational Health.
5. Successfully meet extensive background check, Driver’s License Check, Drug Test, and Physical.
6. Cadets are responsible to have Hepatitis vaccination and a burnet TBS test.
7. MUST be in excellent physical condition.
8. Application fee of $100.00 due prior to accepting the interview. (Payment must be made via credit/debit, cashier’s check, or money order).