This is an in-depth Paramedic Academy for the pre-hospital health care provider at the Advanced Level. This program is designed to teach the skills of the National Curriculum for Paramedic. The academy is based on criteria set fourth in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Health Curricula. STAT EMS is licensed by the MDHHS Department of Education to provide the highest level of pre-hospital education and licensed by the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA).
We are pleased to introduce a unique partnership between Davenport University and STAT EMS/Hurley Medical Center Consortium for Paramedic Education. Upon successful completion of the Paramedic Academy you are eligible to receive up to 39 credit hours of articulated credit toward a Davenport University Bachelor of Science degree. To learn more, please contact the program administrator at 810.238.7672 ext. 215.
Twelve months total or approximately 1100 hours.
#4 dates are TBD.
512 W Court Street Flint, Michigan 48503
- Submit an application.
- Proof of current Michigan licensure at the EMT-Basic or EMT-Specialist level.
- Complete pre-admission testing involving cognitive and didactic testing (75% required to pass and move to panel interview).
- Complete panel interview.
- Pass a criminal and OIG background check.
- Successful screening drug and physical examination.
- Must obtain Hepatitis vaccination and a burnet TBS test.
- Provide at least (1) one Letter of Recommendation from a licensed paramedic OR public safety professional, i.e., police, fire, etc.
Tuition for the paramedic academy is $4,500 plus the $100 application fee. The $4,500 tuition fee includes books, uniform expenses, technology expenses and supplies.
**Scholarships are available for those who qualify and willing to sign an employment contract with STAT EMS.
Hospital Clinical Sites:
Hurley Medical Center Emergency Department, Pediatric Emergency Department, OB and OR.
STAT EMS ambulance FTO and Clinical Instructors and the Office of the Genesee County Sheriff Department Paramedic Division.
Certificate of completion and eligibility to apply and write the NREMT Certification Exam and apply for a MDHHS Paramedic License.